World Islamic Banking Conference: pre-conference day seminar December 4th 2017
Andrew Naylor, Director, Central Banks and Public Policy, World Gold Council, will be speaking at the IIFM pre-conference day seminar "Gold in Islamic finance and products standardization" at the World Islamic Banking Conference.
Art Rotana Hotel, Amwaj Islands, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- AAOIFI Standard – Case for Gold in Islamic Finance, Islamic Gold Products
- Gold Trading Centres and the Role of Exchanges
- Gold Related Product Documentation
Moinuddin Malim, Managing Director, Alternative International Management Services (AIMS), Dubai
- Andrew Naylor, Director, Central Banks and Public Policy, World Gold Council
- Habib Motani, Partner, Clifford Chance LLP, London
- Selman Bayoglu, Treasury Marketing Manager, Kuveyt Turk Participation Bank, Istanbul
- Hakan Aytekin, Manager, Precious Metals and Diamonds Market, Borsa Istanbul
Following the launch of the Shari’ah Standard on Gold in December 2016, we are now working with the International Islamic Financial Market (IIFM) to develop a suite of standardised product documentation.
To learn more, please read IIFM’s latest press release here: http://www.iifm.net/news-updates/iifm-embarks-3
Following the launch of the Shari’ah Standard on Gold on 5 December 2016, a roadshow was held across the Middle East and South East Asia. This series of events brought together Islamic finance market practitioners, investors, product development teams and Shari’ah scholars to discuss how to apply the Standard, increase the role of gold in the Islamic finance system and develop new Shari’ah compliant gold products. Details of the roadshow and expert speakers can be found below:
- December 06, 2016 - World Islamic Banking Conference, Bahrain – panel discussion on the Shari’ah Standard on Gold
- December 08, 2016 - Seminar in Dubai, UAE on Gold in Islamic Finance: The AAOIFI Shari’ah Standard on Gold developed in collaboration with the World Gold Council
- December 15, 2016 - Seminar in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on Gold in Islamic Finance: The AAOIFI Shari’ah Standard on Gold developed in collaboration with the World Gold Council
- January 06, 2017 - Seminar in Jakarta, Indonesia on Gold in Islamic Finance: The AAOIFI Shari’ah Standard on Gold developed in collaboration with the World Gold Council
- Ms Natalie Dempster, Managing Director, Central Banks and Public Policy, World Gold Council
- Dr Hamed Merah, Secretary General, AAOIFI
- Mr Ahmad Alfisyahrin Bin Jamilin, Director, Shari’ah, Al Rajhi Bank Malaysia
- Dr Daud Bakar, Executive Chairman, Amanie Advisors
- Ms Maya Malek, Managing Director, Amanie Advisors
- Dr Rifki Ismal, Director, Department of Islamic Economics and Finance Development, Bank Indonesia
- Mr Gerhard Schubert, Founder, Schubert Commodities DMCC
As part of the Shari’ah Standard on Gold’s development, the World Gold Council held a number of consultative seminars for Islamic finance practitioners, Shari’ah scholars and gold market participants. These seminars were an opportunity for stakeholders to learn more about the project and contribute to the development of the Standard. In addition, during the course of November 2016, AAOIFI held public hearings for Shari’ah scholars, regulators and central bankers in Oman, Sudan and Malaysia.
- December 05, 2016 - WGC-AAOIFI press conference to launch the Shari'ah Standard on Gold in Dubai UAE
- October 06, 2016 – Seminar held in conjunction with the Arab Bankers’ Association for London-based Islamic finance practitioners and bullion banks
- October 31, 2016 – Seminar held in conjunction with the Turkish Participation Banks Association in Istanbul, Turkey
- April 10, 2016 – Seminar for global gold market stakeholders held at the Dubai Precious Metals Conference
- November 22 2015 – Seminar held in conjunction with the DMCC for product developers and Shari’ah scholars in Dubai, UAE
- November 20 2015 – Seminar for product developers and Shari’ah scholars in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia